Welcome

Hiwassee Angler is the only full service fly shop in the area. We are located in the heart of some of the best fly fishing that East TN has to offer. We offer guided fly fishing for trout, smallmouth bass and striper. We also offer fly fishing classes. Visit our website by clicking HERE.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

HA Guide Service to be featured on TV....Again!

Received a call from Chris Bailey the other night. He's the host of "Reel Outdoors" TV show on the Sportsman Channel. Chris travels all over the world filming fishing and hunting shows. We guided him for a couple days in 2008 when he was up this way filming. I believe the footage he shot aired last May. We had a real good time and got some good footage of fishing in the area.
He's going to be back in the area the first part of May to do an appearance at the annual Etowah Hunting and Fishing Expo in Etowah, TN. He wants me to take him on a smallmouth trip while he's in. Like me, Chris is a big fan of catching smallmouth on the fly. He said he wants to do some filming for another show while he's in. That sounds good to me. Chris is a great guy and a real class act. He puts in a hard day of fishing while filming. I was actually impressed with how hard he fished during the day. We fished together on back to back days, and I don't think we took a break on either day. We both enjoy fishing hard.
I talked to him about our striper run that we have each year on the Hi. He sounded very interested in coming back around that time for some more filming. And if I know him, he'll be back. He's like me. He just can't resist the temptation of catching a 20-30 pound striper on the fly!

1 comment: